Summer - Scrambling & Mountaineering
Days that will take you on rough scrambling terrain in the mountains. Guided or under Instruction.
1 person = £190
2 people = £210
3 people = £230
4 people = £250
Maximum ratio of Guide to Clients, 1 : 4.
However this ratio is not possible for all days out – depending on the route taken. Sometimes only 1 : 2 is possible.
A suitable level of fitness, for what might be a reasonably long day carrying a rucksack, over rocky rough ground. Days are often 7 – 9 hours long.
What day (or days) would you like? Choose dates and check our availability. Email Max – firstname.lastname@example.org
These are days that will take you on rough scrambling terrain in the mountains – in the scrambling grade range of I up to III. You can decide if you want to be Guided or be taught (Instruction) the various mountain scrambling techniques.
Choose Guided – The advantage of being guided is that you can focus on where you are and what you’re doing (you decide if you want to look down, or not). This is perfect for people who want to develop their confidence on steep ground, and their movement skills over rough ground.
Choose Instruction – This enables you to be taught the mountain scrambling skills (see the Topics listed below), to enable you to increase your competence, safety and confidence – helping you become more independent in the mountains.
Topics that are often covered during Instruction include:
- Appropriate equipment selection, and safety equipment
- Planning, making use of weather forecasts and guidebooks
- Movement skills scrambling on rock – ascent and descent
- Basic rope-work using rope, sling and karabiner
- Use and selection of natural rock anchors
- Suitable belaying techniques
- Retreat using the rope – options, including abseiling
- Route Choice, decision making and risk assessment
- What day (or days) would you like? Email Max to check availability – email@example.com
- Read our Terms and Conditions. Download Terms and Conditions.
- Fill in a Booking Form and return. We will send you a Booking Form in a format for PC users, or a format for iOS (Apple) users. Download a Booking form (PDF format).
- Pay here, using the Payment Tool below – Debit Card, Credit Card or PayPal (alternatively pay by Bank Transfer or Cheque).