Winter - Climbing
These days can take winter climbers onto more demanding winter climbs. Climbs typically of grades III to V.
1 person = £200
2 people = £220
Maximum ratio of Guide to Clients, 1 : 2
What day (or days) would you like? Choose dates and check our availability. Email Max – firstname.lastname@example.org
These are days that will take you on steeper winter climbs – within the winter grade range of III up to V. These are more demanding and more rewarding climbs – quite often classics on the mountain – usually Lochaber (includes Ben Nevis) or in Glencoe. Typically, during a day we would cover, or discuss some of the Topics listed below.
The days might include climbing graded winter routes such as:
- Thompson’s Route (IV,4)
- Central Gully Right Hand (IV,4)
- Good Friday Climb (III)
- Tower Ridge (IV,3)
- Green Gully (IV,3)
- Comb Gully (IV,4)
- Point 5 Gully (V,5)
Topics covered could include:
- Efficient movement and personal management
- Avalanche awareness and avoidance
- Climb selection and planning using guide books and websites
- Route choice and decision making
- Coaching of climbing on steep ice or mixed, use of technique and conservation of energy
- Belay construction and choice of anchors. Rock, Ice and Snow anchors
- Efficient rope-work
- What day(or days) would you like? Email Max to check availability – email@example.com
- Read our Terms and Conditions. Download Terms and Conditions.
- Fill in a Booking Form and return. We will send you a Booking Form in a format for PC users, or a format for iOS (Apple) users. Download a Booking form (PDF format).
- Pay here, using the Payment Tool below – Debit Card, Credit Card or PayPal (alternatively pay by Bank Transfer or Cheque).