Summer - Scrambling & Mountaineering
Days that will take you on rough scrambling terrain in the mountains. Guided or under Instruction.
1 person = £190
2 people = £210
3 people = £230
4 people = £250
Maximum ratio of Guide to Clients, 1 : 4.
However this ratio is not possible for all days out – depending on the route taken. Sometimes only 1 : 2 is possible.
A suitable level of fitness, for what might be a reasonably long day carrying a rucksack, over rocky rough ground. Days are often 7 – 9 hours long.
What day (or days) would you like? Choose dates and check our availability. Email Max – email@example.com
These are days that will take you on rough scrambling terrain in the mountains – in the scrambling grade range of I up to III. You can decide if you want to be Guided or be taught (Instruction) the various mountain scrambling techniques.
Choose Guided – The advantage of being guided is that you can focus on where you are and what you’re doing (you decide if you want to look down, or not). This is perfect for people who want to develop their confidence on steep ground, and their movement skills over rough ground.
Choose Instruction – This enables you to be taught the mountain scrambling skills (see the Topics listed below), to enable you to increase your competence, safety and confidence – helping you become more independent in the mountains.
Topics that are often covered during Instruction include:
- Appropriate equipment selection, and safety equipment
- Planning, making use of weather forecasts and guidebooks
- Movement skills scrambling on rock – ascent and descent
- Basic rope-work using rope, sling and karabiner
- Use and selection of natural rock anchors
- Suitable belaying techniques
- Retreat using the rope – options, including abseiling
- Route Choice, decision making and risk assessment
- What day (or days) would you like? Email Max to check availability – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read our Terms & Conditions and Privacy Notice
- Fill in a Booking Form & Return
- Payment options : OPTION 1: Bank Transfer – just ask for my Bank Details if this is your preference. OPTION 2: Use the Payment tool below : Process all payments, including debit and credit cards, through PayPal. The PayPal 4% payment processing fee has been added.
Pay Here using the PayPal tool
The PayPal 4% payment processing fee has been added.