Winter - Introduction to Winter Climbing
Days that will take a winter mountaineer into winter climbing, climbing grades I to III.
1 person = £200
2 people = £220
Maximum ratio of Guide to Clients, 1 : 2
What day (or days) would you like? Choose dates and check our availability. Email Max – email@example.com
These are days that will take you on steeper winter climbs – within the winter grade range of I up to III. You can decide if you want to be Guided or be taught (Instruction) the various winter climbing techniques.
Choose Guided – The advantage of being guided is that you can focus on where you are and what you’re doing, all you have to do is look after yourself, and work as a member of the climbing team. This is perfect for people who want to get some winter climbing done!
Choose Instruction – This enables you to be taught (see the Topics listed below), to enable you to increase your competence, safety and confidence – helping you become a more independent winter climber.
The days might include climbing graded winter routes such as:
- Number 2 Gully (II)
- Aonach Eagach (II)
- Curved Ridge (II/III)
- SC Gully (III,3)
- Number 3 Gully Buttress (III)
- Twisting Gully (III,4)
- Central Gully (III,4)
Topics covered could include:
- Selection of appropriate gear and climbing equipment
- Efficient movement and personal management
- Avalanche awareness and avoidance
- Climb selection and planning using guide books and websites
- Route choice and decision making
- Coaching of movement on steeper ground, use of technique and conservation of energy
- Belay construction and choice of anchors. Rock, Ice and Snow anchors
- Efficient rope-work
- What day (or days) would you like? Email Max to check availability – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read our Terms and Conditions.
- Fill in a Booking Form & Return. This can be filled in, if it is opened in Adobe Acrobat Reader NOTE – The Adobe Acrobat Reader App needs to be downloaded onto your Device first.
- Pay here, using the Payment Tool below – Debit Card, Credit Card or PayPal (alternatively pay by Bank Transfer or Cheque).