Winter - Mountaineering
These winter days will take a winter walker safely onto more technical terrain, within the broad winter grades of I & II.
1 person = £200
2 people = £220
3 people = £240
Normal maximum ratio of Instructor to Clients, 1 : 2
The ratio can be raised to 1 : 3, if suitable routes are chosen.
Email Max to find out more – email@example.com
What day (or days) would you like? Choose dates and check our availability. Email Max – firstname.lastname@example.org
These are days that will take you on steeper terrain in the mountains – within the winter grade range of I up to II. You can decide if you want to be Guided or be taught (Instruction) the various winter mountaineering techniques.
Choose Guided – The advantage of being guided is that you can focus on where you are and what you’re doing, all you have to do is look after yourself, and work as a member of a team. This is perfect for people who want to develop their winter confidence on steep ground, and their personal management skills.
Choose Instruction – This enables you to be taught (see the Topics listed below), to enable you to increase your competence, safety and confidence – helping you become a more independent winter mountaineer.
The days might include climbing graded winter routes such as:
- Number 4 gully (I)
- Number 3 gully, (I)
- Ledge Route (II)
- East Ridge of Beinn A’Chaorainn (II)
- NC Gully (II)
- Dorsal Arete (II)
Topics covered could include:
- Revision of basic winter walking skills – equipment selection, use of axe and crampons
- Efficient movement on steeper ground in ascent and descent
- Winter navigation
- Avalanche awareness and avoidance
- When is it appropriate to use a rope, appropriate/inappropriate techniques
- Selection, and use, of snow anchors (bucket seat, buried axe, stomper, boot/axe belay)
- Selection of rock anchors
- Belay techniques – direct, semi-direct, indirect
- Route selection, safe travel, making decisions
- What day(or days) would you like? Email Max to check availability – email@example.com
- Read our Terms and Conditions.
- Fill in a Booking Form & Return. This can be filled in, if it is opened in Adobe Acrobat Reader NOTE – The Adobe Acrobat Reader App needs to be downloaded onto your Device first.
- Pay here, using the Payment Tool below – Debit Card, Credit Card or PayPal (alternatively pay by Bank Transfer or Cheque).