Winter - Mountaineering
These winter days will take a winter walker safely onto more technical terrain, within the broad winter grades of I & II.
1 person = £200
2 people = £220
3 people = £240
Normal maximum ratio of Instructor to Clients, 1 : 2
The ratio can be raised to 1 : 3, if suitable routes are chosen.
Email Max to find out more – firstname.lastname@example.org
What day (or days) would you like? Choose dates and check our availability. Email Max – email@example.com
These are days that will take you on steeper terrain in the mountains – within the winter grade range of I up to II. You can decide if you want to be Guided or be taught (Instruction) the various winter mountaineering techniques.
Choose Guided – The advantage of being guided is that you can focus on where you are and what you’re doing, all you have to do is look after yourself, and work as a member of a team. This is perfect for people who want to develop their winter confidence on steep ground, and their personal management skills.
Choose Instruction – This enables you to be taught (see the Topics listed below), to enable you to increase your competence, safety and confidence – helping you become a more independent winter mountaineer.
The days might include climbing graded winter routes such as:
- Number 4 gully (I)
- Number 3 gully, (I)
- Ledge Route (II)
- East Ridge of Beinn A’Chaorainn (II)
- NC Gully (II)
- Dorsal Arete (II)
Topics covered could include:
- Revision of basic winter walking skills – equipment selection, use of axe and crampons
- Efficient movement on steeper ground in ascent and descent
- Winter navigation
- Avalanche awareness and avoidance
- When is it appropriate to use a rope, appropriate/inappropriate techniques
- Selection, and use, of snow anchors (bucket seat, buried axe, stomper, boot/axe belay)
- Selection of rock anchors
- Belay techniques – direct, semi-direct, indirect
- Route selection, safe travel, making decisions
- What day(or days) would you like? Email Max to check availability – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read our Terms & Conditions and Privacy Notice
- Fill in a Booking Form & Return
- Payment options : OPTION 1: Bank Transfer – just ask for my Bank Details if this is your preference. OPTION 2: Use the Payment tool below : Process all payments, including debit and credit cards, through PayPal. The PayPal 4% payment processing fee has been added.
Pay Here using the PayPal tool
The PayPal 4% payment processing fee has been added.
Booking for 1 Person
Booking for 2 People
Booking for 3 People