Twin Ribs Out Of The Wind

Jeremy on the first pitch

Jeremy on the first pitch

A clear view of Coire an t-Sneachda

A clear view of Coire an t-Sneachda

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Today was day 4 of the Glenmore Lodge Introduction to Winter Climbing Course with Jeremy and Marc. The weather forecast clearly indicated that it would be best to have a long indoor session at the beginning of the day, whilst the worst of the weather cleared. We covered winter planning and decision making, regarding avalanche awareness and route choice. So by 10.30 we were driving up the road without any rain! From the Cas car park we then had to battle strong winds (sometimes stopping us in our tracks) up to the Twin Ribs (which was by now populated by 3 MIC assessment teams). On the crag we enjoyed very little wind and no rain or snow. So for a time I was wearing sunglasses (although it didn’t last long, once we got into the shade) – another great day, feeling as if we got slightly lucky – or was it great planning!

 

On the way down

On the way down

No wind and no rain !!

No wind and no rain !!

« Back to Blog